Monday, 5 September 2011

Concrete Market, 4th September 2011

I attended 'The Concrete Market', the first ever craft market organised by Tina of Handmade by Tobyboo.  It was held in a cozy pub in Croydon and Tina put together a wonderful mix of people selling some wonderful handmade crafts.


It was a great day in that there was a constant stream of people coming in the whole day, and people came from miles away (great marketing Tina!).  I met a few people who had come from Brighton just for this event.  


I also met some lovely people exhibiting there.  Here are a few:


Lovely lady (can't remember your name although we spoke loads! with very helpful daughter Phoebe) of handmade and vintage
Saima Majid with her gorgeous cards and silk scarves which you can see at her shop
and others but I forgot to get your business cards, so please get in touch if you read this!



I also met Anna from ukhandmade who gave me some valuable advice and I look forward to meeting her soon in Guildford for a Surrey meetup.


Also there during the start were Kellie and Claire from Calladoodles who have some exciting new ideas for their shop.  I can't wait to hear more about it all.


I wish I could post some photos, but the battery in my camera ran out so am hoping the lovely lady from handmade and vintage who took some pics will be in touch soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment